ORTON Vitreous China Care & Maintenance
Orton Bathroom sinks and toilets made of vitreous china are scratch- and abrasive-resistant with a surface that won’t stain or fade. Maintain the look of your toilet or sink look with these tips.
How to Care for Your Vitreous China Toilets and Bathroom Sinks
- Rinse thoroughly and use a soft cloth to wipe the product dry after each use.
- Soft abrasive cleaners may be used when necessary to clean vitreous china products. Strong abrasive cleaners will scratch and dull the surface.
- Use toilet bowl cleaners on the inside of the bowl only.
- Do not use in-tank toilet cleaners as they can damage the flush valve and other working parts.
- Wipe any splashes of cleaner solutions from plastic or plated surfaces immediately.
Over time, hard water deposits may clog toilet rim holes and trapways. To clean, purchase a commercial cleaner that’s recommended for the removal of hard water deposits.
General Care and Cleaning
For best results, keep the following in mind:
- Test first. Always test cleaning solutions on an inconspicuous area first before applying to the entire surface.
- Wipe clean. Wipe surfaces clean and rinse completely with water immediately after applying cleaner. Rinse and dry any overspray that lands on nearby surfaces.
- Don’t let cleaners soak. Do not allow cleaners to sit or soak.
- Avoid abrasive materials. Use a soft, dampened sponge or cloth. Never use an abrasive material such as a brush or scouring pad to clean surfaces.